The Tale of Two Wolves

 This is a legend of unknown origin 

“An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.

“It’s a terrible fight and it’s between two wolves. One is evil – he is Anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.” He continued, “The other is good – He’s joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you FEED.”

Who have you been feeding in your life? 

Comments

Mark Omega said…
Hmmm. Much to ponder. Thanks.
Ms. Ro RED said…
Yup Mark. That's the same thing that I thought when I first read it.
In every situation in life, you can apply this! I am a firm believer in putting my energies towards what brings me joy and happiness, rather than focusing on those things that are negative or I can't change. Thank you for sharing this, Ro!
Ms. Ro RED said…
I absolutely L❤VE that perspective Jacqueline🤗

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle IS REAL!!

Who do YOU say, "I AM"?

What doesn’t kill us makes us STRONGER!!