The Health & Mood-Boosting Benefits of Pets

 

Can pets really help lower stress and boost your mood? According to the helpguide.org website, pets can help reduce stress, anxiety, and depression, ease loneliness, encourage exercise and playfulness and even improve your cardiovascular health. They also report that caring for an animal can help children grow up more secure and active. And they further state that pets also provide valuable companionship for older adults. Maybe that’s why the sale of pets skyrocketed during the pandemic. Pet retailers saw a boost in their profits, there was even a high demand for dog walkers, sitters, and trainers.

I purchased my first dog after I had a heart attack. His name was Charlie-Wilson. He was full of life and energy and had his own unique personality. He brought a lot of joy and laughter to my life. He lived to be about 13 years old in human years. He lived a full, happy, and pampered dog life. I didn’t realize how much that little fellow would contribute to my healing journey, but he played an integral part. So much so that a few years after he passed, I had to purchase another pooch. I needed that joy back in my life. His name is August-Wilson and he definitely keeps me on my toes and brings with him a totally new & different experience…. But I welcome it!  😊

Learn more about the health and mood-boosting benefits of pets by clicking the link provided… The Health and Mood-Boosting Benefits of Pets - HelpGuide.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle IS REAL!!

Who do YOU say, "I AM"?

What doesn’t kill us makes us STRONGER!!