Ephesians 6:12

A long time ago, I saw something on the internet called, Jessica’s affirmations... that helped inspire me to begin talking to myself. HUH?Yup! It helped me be able to look at myself in the mirror and begin affirming some of the most positive messages that I had NEVER before said to myself. It wasn’t easy because when I initially started reciting those words, I didn’t believe any of them and it was very difficult to even carry out that exercise without it evoking several emotions that would bring me to tears. To help conquer this task, I had to start with baby steps...


I first began posting positive messages on my bathroom wall that I would read daily... anytime I’d visit that room. It would be several post-It notes with motivational messages to myself... from myself that would boost my confidence and feed my self-esteem. Some of the messages were reminders of what God said about me... (that replaced the negative things I sometimes said to myself). Every morning when I would awake, I’d see those messages because I strategically placed them in areas where I HAD to read them daily. 😊 

It was a slow start that progressed into me eventually being able to look in the mirror and say those same words that were written on the paper, while staring back at myself. Now THAT part right there... was challenging because it was difficult to look myself in the face and say things that I was NOT used to saying, and apparently did not yet believe. 

There were two things that I constantly struggled with at that time: (1) Being able to verbalize those words with confidence until I believed and received them as being MY truth, while gazing back at myself as I recited them... & (2) the FIGHT I was having against negative thoughts concerning the past that kept trying to creep back and find a place to settle in my mind. Mentally, that battle was emotionally exhausting! I’ll tell ya’... It gave new meaning to the scripture: for we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places... Ephesians 6:12. It literally felt like I was battling to regain peace & control over my own mind! I’m happy to say that I was & still AM the VICTOR because I can now look myself in the mirror & affirm & believe any & everything positive about who I AM!! 😊 

I've shared Jessica’s Affirmationshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o_KfrPNwbY

Comments

Unknown said…
Thanks Ro! I'm behind but while sitting at the surgery center with my mom, I'm taking the time to catch up!! Thanks for the affirmations and thanks for sharing your story! I'm going to practice this one for sure! Love you my sister!!!
Stephanie Ellis said…
Ro, the above post was from me, Stephanie Ellis. I watched Jessica after I posted...too cute! I'm glad you realized how AWESOME YOU ARE! I've always admired you because of your genuineness and realness! I truly miss seeing you and again thanks for the uplifting messages!!!
Ms. Ro RED said…
TY Stephanie😘 I appreciate that. Someone sent me something to read (after they read this post). I took the time to read some of the comments & one lady's story sounded quite similar to my story except, she focused on her body because she struggled with her body image. I'll tell ya Chica... It does work!🤗🤗
Mrs. B said…
This post is POWERFUL Ro! Keep writing. Love you! 🤗💞🙏🏾🙏🏾
Angela Strickland said…
Thanks for sharing your journey!
Ms. Ro RED said…
YW Angela🤗
And TY for stopping by to read them.😊

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle IS REAL!!

Who do YOU say, "I AM"?

What doesn’t kill us makes us STRONGER!!