Improving ourselves by working on our exercise habits:


September is Self-Improvement month and today we’re focusing on being physically active & working on our exercise habits. We do this because we all know how important it is to stay physically active to help improve our health. Some researchers have even noted that regular physical activity makes us happier because of various brain chemicals that get stimulated. It can also help to boost our confidence and improve our self-esteem once we begin feeling better about ourselves and our appearance.


I ran across a great article on the lifehack.org website that helps explain how we can improve our exercise habits, (especially if we're slow to start, or if we’ve fallen off the wagon). Below are the tips mentioned in the article that will help jumpstart you back into an exercise regimen. 


Considering the fact that I am NOT a fan of the scale, (Tip #11, Measure fitness) was my favorite tip because it provided information on other numbers for me to focus on besides the one on the scale.  15 Tips to Restart the Exercise Habit (and How to Keep It) - Lifehack

 

Tips to start the exercise habit:

-Don’t break the habit

-Reward showing up

-Commit for thirty days

-Make it fun

-Schedule during quiet hours

-Get a buddy

-X-Your Calendar

-Enjoyment before Effort

-Create a ritual

-Stress relief

-Measure fitness

-Habits first, Equipment later

-Isolate your weakness

-Start small

-Go for yourself, Not to impress 

Comments

Madonna Fauth said…
Great tips. Thanks for sharing. I’m making it in my calendar now.
Something else I’m trying is “measure how my clothes fit”. I’m a “fluffy” person. Fluffy ppl
Tend to have MANY size clothing in our closets. From “the size I was 20 years ago, to “the size I wish I was” to “the size I am
Now” and several in between. I got to COMFORTABLY wear a pair of shorts I haven’t worn in 3 years. Success in my book!
Unknown said…
🎉 Woo Hoo!! WTG Madonna!
That's a wonderful feeling!!🤗
K. Booker said…
Exercise and fitness have to become a way of life. We have to make them priorities.
The benefits are rewarding!
Mrs. K. Booker
ALCarter said…
Try to workout 3x per week. I have good days and bad. I do feel better after exercising and it keeps my brain active. The weight loss? That's a subject for another day 😇

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle IS REAL!!

Who do YOU say, "I AM"?

What doesn’t kill us makes us STRONGER!!