It’s OK to talk about depression

 

October is depression awareness month and last week I shared what depression is. We know that depression presents itself differently in everyone, yet many people experience some of the same symptoms. In the past, I experienced depression and felt so alone with my thoughts because I chose to suffer in silence. I didn’t want to share my experience with anyone out of fear of people not understanding & also, judging me. However, at this point in my life, I truly understand the importance of reaching out for help, as well as being able to receive support from people who recognized when there's something not quite right.


I ran across the short video below, of how one man explains his feelings of depression. I found it to be very interesting because he explained a lot of what I experienced once upon a time but was unable to put into words. However, I truly Thank God for the seasons constantly changing in my life & never remaining the same.   


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez179mM5sbI

Comments

Anonymous said…
How can we find an answer if we’re afraid to ask the question? So very true. Thank you for sharing b

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle IS REAL!!

Who do YOU say, "I AM"?

What doesn’t kill us makes us STRONGER!!