Be TRUE to who YOU are called to be!!

 Have you ever read the poem by Marianne Williamson called, "Our Deepest Fear"? If not, I would encourage you to find it and read it at least once! It inspired me back in 2006 the first time that I heard it while watching the movie, Akeelah and the Bee. At that time I decided to learn & commit it to memory because it spoke directly to ME! Today, I recite it aloud to remind myself of the extraordinary person that God's created me to be with all of my flaws, insecurities and idiosyncrasies. That poem was a part of my healing process whenever I needed to get past any insecure feelings that plagued my mind. I would quote it over and over until whatever negative feeling(s) I had, subsided. 


The reason I mentioned this poem is because I can relate to others who are sometimes down on themselves and need that boost, or 'pick me up'. This is one of my 'go tos', and if it can help someone break through negative thoughts about themselves, then it was well worth mentioning. Sometimes we just need a reminder of who God says that we are! So let me share some words from the poem & give an example of something I experience ... "We ask ourselves Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous"? ... "Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you".

OK... Soooo... here's my 'share'... For as long as I can remember, people have placed labels/cute-sie names on me. Most oftentimes it's because they're just teasing and having fun... and I'm OK with that because I no longer internalize those things. Some of the things that I've been told by people in my life is that I'm an 'OVERACHIEVER', I'm 'EXTRA', & I 'DO the MOST'... and these are just 'some' of the things that I've been told. (So if you've ever said any of these things and you're one of the people reading this post, it's OK... because as you can see, you're not the only one). 

Now, what you notice about me though, is that I'm pretty consistent. LOL! What this also tells you is that I'm not a fake! What you see is what you get. I always strive to do and be the best that I can in everything that I do and I don't put on airs for anyone. This is just who I am and who I've apparently always been.    

I could literally feel the person inside of me wanting to BREAK FREE at times, but instead I would let comments about my performance, hold me back from giving my all because of what people would say/think. I would question myself and pull back because I didn't want people to think that I was trying to be a 'ShowOff' or trying to outdo anyone else. In Marianne Williamson's  poem she describes that as: 'playing small & shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you'.These days I'm willing to step out and be more confident in who God's created me to be!! 

I shared all of that to encourage us to not be afraid to be TRUE to who WE are called to be because... 'as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same'... Marianne Williamson.

Comments

Mark Omega said…
This is good. Thank a you.
Ms. Ro RED said…
And Thank you 4 stopping by😊
Anonymous said…
You already know...
Right on time
Ms. Ro RED said…
LOL! TY my friend @ 6:37💚
Diane C Smith said…
Success actually becomes a habit through the determined overcoming of obstacles as we meet them one by one
Laura Ingalls Wilder
Ms. Ro RED said…
I absolutely agree with you Ms. Diane😘

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle IS REAL!!

Who do YOU say, "I AM"?

What doesn’t kill us makes us STRONGER!!