“Your People, Your Team”

We’ve all heard about celebrities having a TEAM of people. This group of folks basically care for that person and make sure that their every need is being met. 

Have you ever thought about the impact & importance of people & their role(s) in your life? As I was reflecting over my life, I realized that I too have several TEAMS of people in my life who all play a significant role. Truth be told, we all do in some form or fashion. For example, there’s my Health and wellness Team that’s composed of different people. 

I have my Cardiologist, who cares for my Heart Health. She’s also focused on my mental health and nutritional needs as well. I also work with a Personal Trainer whose focus is on my physical and nutritional health, with a bit of mental and spiritual care sprinkled in. The blessing for me is that they both work together to develop the best plan for my specific needs.

I have an Awesome group of friends & acquaintances that I’m involved with and we complete marathons, exercise, volunteer, travel, support one another, serve as accountability partners, and break bread together. They have been a very important part of my Team for quite some time now, even if they didn’t know it.  

I’ve also worked with a Nutritionist, a Wellness Nurse, and a Psychologist, who have helped keep me on track with my nutrition, overall wellness, and mental health needs. Even though it’s been 15 years since I experienced a Heart attack, I realize the importance of maintaining my Health and wellness TEAM. And even though I don’t require the assistance of every one of these people on a consistent basis, it’s good to know that if/when I do need them, they are just a phone call away. 

What I didn’t realize was how impactful it is to have a Team of folks who walk with me on this journey. I also didn’t realize that I would even need to maintain this type of support system over the years. However, it’s good to know that my TEAM is always there to support and pick me up when I might be unable to sustain on my own.

Comments

Stephanie Ellis said…
Thanks Ro for being a part of my TEAM! Even though I haven't seen you face to face in over a year, you play a vital role in my mental and spiritual well-being. Your smile is contagious and uplifting!!! Love you my sister and keep doing what you do!
Ms. Ro RED said…
Thank you Stephanie😘😘

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle IS REAL!!

Who do YOU say, "I AM"?

What doesn’t kill us makes us STRONGER!!