The Burden of the Baggage

 

Whenever I travel, I usually pack a few bags to take along with me. Each time that I’ve traveled, I carried something different inside of my bags like clothing, shoes, toiletries, jewelry, etc. Even though I might pack some of the same items in my bag each time I travel, most times the content inside is totally different than the time before. Then there’s the weight of the bag(s). My intention each time I pack is to try and pack light so that the weight of the bag is not so burdensome to carry. However, that doesn’t always work out the way that I’d like it to and there have been times when my bags were over the weight limit when flying certain airlines, forcing me to pay the price for the overweight bags to be stored. 

Figuratively speaking, in comparison to the bags that we take on vacation, we sometimes carry around emotional baggage in our lives that can weigh us down and become too heavy for us to bear. Over the course of our lives, the content of our bags may change with each new experience, but the residual effect can linger on for years. Inside of our emotional baggage we’ve been known to pack things like: hurt, hopelessness, regret, disappointment, anger, sadness & pain, to name a few. The price that we pay for carrying this unique baggage, can affect us mentally, emotionally, and physically as well. However, what I’ve learned & experienced over time, and take comfort in knowing is that God can & will remove our heavy burdens and give us rest in Him.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30 NIV

Comments

Ms. Ro RED said…
You're welcome MO 🤗
Mrs. B said…
Get rid of that excess baggage and watch amazing things happen!
Well said Ro!🤗🙏🏾
Ms. Ro RED said…
Yes Ma'am I agree Mrs. B. Great things will happen.🤗

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle IS REAL!!

Who do YOU say, "I AM"?

What doesn’t kill us makes us STRONGER!!