What is an A1C test?

 

November is National Diabetes Month and the information that I’m sharing may already be very familiar to a lot of people reading this post. However, I don’t know a lot about the disease so I’m trying to keep the information basic so that those of us who are not that familiar with it, can better understand it.      

 

Today’s focus is on the A1-C test. This is a test that measures a three-month average of your blood sugars. Prior to my research, I was not aware of that timeline. I thought that, prior to taking an A1-C test, the results were determined due to the foods consumed within the last couple of days, (prior to having the test administered). So THAT was eye-opening news to me!!

 

I know people who have diabetes and I’ve seen them ‘test’ their blood before. However, I now understand that there are multiple ways in which the A1-C test is used, in relation to the disease. It’s used to help doctors diagnose prediabetes, it’s also used to diagnose type 1 & 2 diabetes, and it’s used to monitor your diabetes treatment plan. I guess I didn’t realize they were all the same tests.

 

Today I’m sharing a short informative video that further explains what an A1-C test is: https://youtu.be/MqNnf8hgccU

Comments

Mrs. B said…
Hi Ro!
Thanks as always for the knowledge.
Knowledge is power! Love ya!

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle IS REAL!!

Who do YOU say, "I AM"?

What doesn’t kill us makes us STRONGER!!