Being your Authentic Self:


Have you ever had someone tell you that you were, “less than”? Maybe not in those exact words, but in words that were not meant to ‘build you up’? I experienced this as a teenager. Perhaps what they said was out of jealousy, I don’t know. However, I wondered, “what the heck did they have to be jealous about”?? As I got older, I realized what it was. They felt that I should not have received the recognition that I received at the time. 

 

Thinking back on those words, I can remember how cruel teenagers were… even when they were supposed to be your friends. They most definitely didn’t realize how their words could affect others. Heck, I didn’t realize it at that time either but I allowed those words to dictate decisions that I made in my adult life. There were times when I found myself shrinking back and avoiding certain situations because I felt that maybe I didn’t deserve it or maybe I didn’t earn the right to do …whatever

 

I now believe 100% that I deserve all the goodness and all the blessings that I receive… However, I receive them!! If something is given to me, then it was meant for ME to have! I know that our gifts and talents will sometimes intimidate others… for whatever reason. However, when we’re focused on becoming the person that God created us to be, and we’re striving to be our authentic self, then we don’t have time to worry about what others are thinking or saying about us! In fact, what they think or say is really none of our business. That’s their concern.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle IS REAL!!

Who do YOU say, "I AM"?

What doesn’t kill us makes us STRONGER!!