Being OK with what they see in you…

Recently I was honored to be named as the, “Mentor of the Month’ in this month’s May 2021 issue of Woman's Day magazine. It’s such a great honor and I’m truly grateful to have been chosen. When I read the article, I let two words intimidate me. They were: ‘fitness fanatic’. When I think of a fitness fanatic, I think of someone who has a healthy or an unhealthy obsession with exercise and keeping themselves fit, and I didn’t see myself as being either of those persons. Perhaps my definition of a fitness fanatic is a little skewed because of the images that I hold in my mind of extreme athletes.

Anyway, I’ve now come to embrace the way in which the article is worded, and here’s why… I follow different exercise and fitness enthusiasts on social media who help inspire me along my journey. Some of them I know personally, and others I don’t know at all. However, I do admire their accomplishments, the ways that they push and challenge themselves, and the ways that they unconsciously inspire others, just by being themselves and doing what they love to do.

So, now I’m no longer letting the words, ‘fitness fanatic’ tickle my ears as they once did. Instead, I’m embracing them as I keep doing what I love to do and doing what makes me happy. Just like the fitness enthusiasts who unconsciously inspire me, my desire is to continue inspiring others in ways that only I can, and to happily be receptive of the manner in which others choose to describe what they see in me.

Comments

lady2of5 said…
Thank you for such a reminder of how we receive words. It's also a lesson on those we speak to ourselves. Always remember "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Pslam 139:14. We are GOD'S MASTERPIECE, Made in HIS IMAGE.

Congratulations and Praise GOD on your achievement. Keep it up!🎊🎉🎈😊
Betty said…
Congratulations,that was an honor. Sharing how you felt about the words used to describe you shows how words can affect us. I'm glad you didn't dwell on it too long and miss your moment of true accomplishment as a mentor.
Ms. Ro RED said…
TY 🤗@Lady2of5🤗
Ms. Ro RED said…
TY Ms Betty🤗
I had my moment & then I let it go😁

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle IS REAL!!

Who do YOU say, "I AM"?

What doesn’t kill us makes us STRONGER!!