The power of compassion


I had a friend working on my laptop over the weekend. After several hours of working on it & getting it to function properly, I logged back into the laptop. I then turned around to get up from the chair & hit the cord attached to the laptop. I didn’t realize what happened until I heard the sound of the laptop hitting the floor. That’s when I discovered that the monitor was now acting strange.

I could do nothing but sit there in TOTAL disbelief!!! I was literally at a loss for words and all I could utter was, “O.M.G.!! I am SO sorry”! YES!... It was an accident, but I felt terrible because he spent SO much time working to fix it. As terrible as I felt at that moment, I know that he had to be feeling, ‘some kinda way’ himself because of the time he spent working on it. However, I must speak to the compassion that I felt was shown to me, by him. 

I know it’s not always easy to show compassion to others in situations like that. I know that frustration is probably what he really felt, amongst other things, but he didn’t show it and I was extremely appreciative of that. He chose to show kindness & compassion instead of condemnation. I wondered how I would have felt in his place. All kinds of thoughts danced around in my head, but I had to silence the noise and not entertain those thoughts. I had to remember that when we choose to show people compassion, we can help to alleviate the pain and suffering of others. That's the power of compassion and I truly felt that from him at that moment. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle IS REAL!!

Who do YOU say, "I AM"?

What doesn’t kill us makes us STRONGER!!