The Transformation Within

 

The other day I was reminded that no matter how long the process seems if I want to see the fruit of my labor, I must have patience and be persistent with whatever I choose to accomplish. I understand that when I start, a thing… it might take longer than expected, for me to see progress. I might even become frustrated, tired of waiting for change, and even feel like giving up, but I must continue pressing forward.

That same day, I heard the story of the Chinese bamboo tree. When planted, the Chinese bamboo tree seed will do nothing until the fifth year. It can be watered and cared for and… in fact, it must be, for the tree to grow as it should. It’ll seem as if nothing at all is happening within that 5-year span, and you won’t see any activity during that time. However, in that fifth year, because that seed was being watered and cared for all those years prior, it begins breaking through the soil to complete its growth process, into a tree. Once it breaks through the soil, the tree can grow about 90 feet within a months’ time.

When I heard that story, it just confirmed to me that while working to accomplish our dreams and goals, and not seeing progress right away, we must keep pushing forward and believing that through the process, there’s also transformation taking place inside of us. 

Comments

Mark Omega said…
Excellent Post. Thanks
Valerie said…
Just what I needed to hear! Thanks for being the blessing that you are!
Ms. Ro RED said…
Glad it blessed you Valerie🤗

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle IS REAL!!

Who do YOU say, "I AM"?

What doesn’t kill us makes us STRONGER!!