Awww Sugar Sugar

 

(On behalf of National Nutrition Month)

So here we are at the end of National Nutrition Month & I feel like there’s one subject that we can all use a refresher on and that’s the subject of SUGAR, because it’s everywhere. I read where researchers noted that sugar is not necessarily a health problem, but the amount of sugar that we consume is. I came across a great article on sugar, located on the VeryWellFit website that does an excellent job of explaining this subject. 

In this article, I learned what sugar is, the different types of sugars, & even the different names for sugar. I also learned about alternative sweeteners & how sugar affects the following: your body, heart, brain, mood & body composition. It also gave examples of foods that are high in sugar. It even discussed: monitoring sugar for diabetes, weight loss, mood, digestive health, fitness & other conditions. There’s a lot to know about sugar and its effects on our bodies. The link below takes you to the article to help educate you on the subject ofSUGAR

How Much Sugar You Should Really Be Eating Everyday (verywellfit.com)

Here’s a thought: If the number of times you saw the word, ‘sugar’ in this post is any indication of the amount of sugar that we unconsciously consume, then we really have a lot of work to do to clean up our diets. 😉😊

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good morning...I read your blog this morning and I counted at least 15 maybe more of the word sugar in it... it was a good blog... sugar does come in all different types of food... I bought some grapes yesterday and they taste like they put extra sugar in it...
Mrs. B said…
Sugar is hidden in a lot of foods!! We DEF must watch and be aware of our sugar intake. But, I'm NOT giving up my jellybeans. 🤣🤣
Ms. Ro RED said…
LOL@ Anonymous @9:45 for counting the # of times that I wrote the word, 'sugar'🤣
Ms. Ro RED said…
Mrs B, I do understand about the jelly beans🤷🏾🙃

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle IS REAL!!

Who do YOU say, "I AM"?

What doesn’t kill us makes us STRONGER!!