Eating in response to Emotion

 

When I had to make changes to my diet, I really wasn’t sure what I needed to do or even how to go about doing it. I knew that my diet needed work, but I wasn’t for sure what that work consisted of. Should I be counting calories and if so… how many calories do I need to consume? I didn’t even know about the importance of keeping a food journal to monitor what I was consuming, and the importance of monitoring my mood when I did eat. I remember being at work one day and someone telling me that they noticed that throughout the day I would, ‘graze’

Wait! What? Really? Could I have been an emotional eater, and if so… what was causing me to be that way?

I know that lots of people eat in response to their emotions but never really take the time to assess those emotions and understand why they do what they do. I found a great article on the verywellfit.comwebsite that explains ways to curb emotional eating. I hope that it helps shed some light on this subject for you, as it did for me. 

How to Curb Emotional Eating (verywellmind.com)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle IS REAL!!

Who do YOU say, "I AM"?

What doesn’t kill us makes us STRONGER!!